A house is not complete without a kitchen. For you to serve mouthwatering food to your family, you need a functional kitchen. It does not need to be big and with too much space. If you have a small kitchen space, it is important to have a design that can fully maximise the storage spaces and blend in functionality and style.
Here are some of the best small kitchen ideas that you can use in your home:
- Using light color cabinets to imitate a larger looking space.
- Cut down on clutter and remove any small appliances from the counter or table.
- Use a slim profile island to enhance the counter space.
- Hang your pots on the wall or above the island to save on cabinet space.
- Adding mirrors or using mirrored glass on cabinets can help open up the space to give an illusion of a larger space.
- Use different accent colors and textures to spice up your kitchen.
- Putting up a small chandelier or mini pendants in your kitchen can enhance the look of the small space plus it can add more sophistication to your kitchen.
- A dark space looks smaller so brighten up your walls with a fresh coat of light colored paint.
- Use LED strip lights to shelves and under the cabinets to illuminate counter space.
Maximise the functionality of your small kitchen by creating multipurpose spaces with practical furniture items that can be used as storage spaces. Use drop-down or wall mounted tables and roll-out kitchen cabinets and tables.
Instead of adding more appliances, focus on creating more storage spaces. White soapstone counters and white mosaic backsplash can give your kitchen a clean and brighter look. A U-shaped kitchen counter or island can also function as a bar counter and a dining table, too. Efficiency is the key to a limited or small space.